July 6, 2012

our love in october: a romantic trash the dress shoot

Today I am very excited to share with you our romantic trash the dress shoot. Following Will and Sofia’s chocolate factory love story, I wanted to do a special day-after session. With Sofia’s full black tulle wedding gown I thought it would be amazing and extremely fun for Sofia to trash her dress.

At a lake close by to Will and Sofia’s country location wedding, Sofia gracefully walked into the water. Wearing a simple white slip, her big wedding necklace and her hair braided to one side, Sofia’s big black tulle skirt floated effortlessly on top of the water. Later dressed in her simple black wedding shirt and her side braid let out, Sofia submerged fully completely drowning her gown!


I hope you enjoyed Sofia’s trash the dress (or drown the gown) shoot. It’s not everyday that you get to see a wonderful trash the dress shoot. It is an amazing photo opportunity if you are inspired to do the same with your wedding gown. It was so much fun to create and I hope you found it inspiring and different.

I would like to say thank you to my husband Jarrod and my beautiful Mum for helping me bring my ideas to life. I would also like to say a very big thank you to Jenny of Jenny Cuerel Photography. Jenny is truly amazing and sweet. Thank you for capturing this crazy idea and standing in the water with me on your step ladder. We had so much fun with this shoot and I thank you so much.

event design & styling: Love In October / photography: Jenny Cuerel Photography / location: North Pine Dam / wedding gown: Love In October’s fabulous Mum / all props and outfits: Love In October

1 comment:

  1. That second photograph is one of the most beautiful images I think I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete